It takes a team to help a school and district function effectively, and all employees play an important role in the lives of young adults, families, and the community. Each month, we recognize outstanding teachers and staff members who are making a positive impact at Dohn Community High School. We recently created a Teacher of the Month Award and Staff Member of the Month Award. Those receiving awards are nominated by the students, parents, administrators, teachers, and staff members for excellence in their classroom and positive contributions to Dohn Community High School.
Teacher of the Month Award
This award has been established to recognize our outstanding educators for their dedication, professionalism, and excellence in instruction.
Selection Criteria: Each month, we will recognize a different educator based on their contribution to the school, excellence in the classroom, leadership abilities, citizenship, community involvement, and going above-and-beyond for students. Teachers will be nominated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Excellence in the Classroom – Consistently advancing students to higher levels of thinking and academic achievement.
- Motivation – Having the ability to motivate and encourage students to advance beyond their expectations both academically and socially.
- Leadership – Serving as a leader not only in the classroom, but also throughout the school.
- Community Service – Demonstrating the importance of civic responsibility by being active in community or other service organizations.
- Creativity and Imagination – Utilizing teaching methods that inspire students to learn. For staff, this means demonstrating creativity and imagination in carrying out their job duties in such a way that they motivate and inspire others in the school community to grow.
- Dedication – Showing excellent attendance, punctuality, and a desire to see their students advance academically and personally; participating in programs and activities outside of the school day in support of the community, campus, and students.
- Professionalism – Showing respect for peers and interacting in a positive manner with staff and students; acts in a responsible, ethical manner.
Staff Member of the Month Award
This was established to recognize our outstanding staff members for their dedication, professionalism, and excellence in their positions. Those receiving these awards can be nominated by the students, parents, administrators, teachers, and staff members for excellence in their position and positive contributions to Dohn Community High School.
Selection Criteria: Each month, we recognize a different staff member and on their contributions to the school, leadership abilities, citizenship, community involvement, and going above-and-beyond for students, staff, and the Dohn district. Staff members will be nominated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Makes a difference to Dohn Community High School
- Goes above and beyond expectations
- Excels as a team player
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, professionalism, dedication, and respect for others
- Represents the “Dohn Spirit” and is committed to the mission of DCHS
Stay tuned, we look forward to learning about and sharing their individual inspirational stories with you!
Be The Difference • Make The DIfference
HOW TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS
You may submit your nomination by doing the following…
- Drop it off at Main in an envelope to Dr. Jones-Parks by the 20th of each month by 3:00 p.m.
- Email it to: email@example.com.
Nomination forms are available at Dohn campuses and on the Google Drive. We will award the Dohn Staff Member of the Month a certificate, recognition during announcements, and a gift.