Family Advocacy Information
All questions or concerns regarding this program should be directed to Pam Schreiner: 513-999-8853, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dohn Academic School Calendar:
Click this link to find our school calendar
Housing Resource List:
Click this link for the Housing Resource List if you are having challenges with housing.
Click this link for the tracking form. This form is for families to enter and receive credit for their engagement time within Dohn Community High School and school events.
Family Engagement Program Guidelines:
- 10 hours of time on campus required per academic year. Any family member over 18 can contribute.
- Volunteers will not be left alone with students or in the facility at any time. Volunteers must wear a Dohn ID badge.
- Families with multiple children at Dohn, hours will apply to all children from one household.
- Participants must complete the Family Engagement Tracking Form on the school website to get credit for their time. Ms. Schreiner is available to assist. email@example.com
- All adults will be screened through a metal detector, Security staff reserves the right to search bags and belongings.
- One hour credit can be earned by creating your family account in Progress book.
- Updating family contact information through email to firstname.lastname@example.org earns .5hr credit.
- Opportunities will change throughout the year and will be posted on the school website Family Page.
- Volunteers are eligible for local event tickets as they become available to the school. These may include Reds, Bengals, Cincinnati Symphony, and other family oriented cultural events.
All of the following count toward the 10 hour requirement:
- Parent Teacher conferences
- PTO – Parent Teacher Organization – membership .5hr, Attending PTO Meetings 2hr
- Discipline meetings
- IEP meetings
- Advocacy Meetings
- Athletic events- Special opportunity for the football chain gang for Dohn and Woodward games
- Dohn Football dates: September 6th, October 11th and 18th
- Woodward Game dates: Aug. 31, Sept. 6, Sept. 7, Sept. 28, Oct. 5, Oct. 11, Oct. 18, Oct. 19, Oct. 26
- Pregame Meals – serve and help clean up
- School dances Homecoming and Prom – decorating, set up, tear down, chaperoning
- Fitness Academy Events – set up, tear down (dates TBD)
- Thanksgiving Lunch
- Family Fairs – September 8, October 6th and 7th
- Job Fair –Vocational Department (Fall Semester) Career Fair- Guidance Department (Spring Semester)
- Enrollment in 22+ ADP 1hr
- Job Corp Application interview
- Volunteer Coordinator for any of the above items (must be PTO member)
- Food Pantry Donations / Organization
- Clothing Closet Donations /Organization
- Capstone Committee